Water in any form, be it rain, snow or ice, is a threat to the structural integrity of your home. Gutters are a major player in the fight against water damage. When properly installed and maintained, a gutter system will collect all the water flowing from your roof and channel it safely away from your home. Unfortunately, many homeowners don’t give a thought to guttering until a problem surfaces.
Early spring is the time to perform the first cleaning and inspection of rain gutters to clean out winter debris and keep your home protected from the damaging effects of water. By ensuring that gutters can easily direct rainwater away from your home, you can prevent the following problems.
- Channeling rainwater with a gutter system will keep water from pooling around your home’s foundation and potentially penetrating basement walls, causing interior flooding.
- When water penetrates a foundation, it can result in mold growth and extensive cracking – both serious and costly issues.
- Gutters prevent water from running over the eaves and soffit of your home, causing staining and rot.
- When water running off the roof is not captured, it will land on the ground and splash onto the side of your home. This repeated splashing can damage siding over time.
- Water runoff not captured by guttering will erode the ground below your eaves and damage nearby landscaping.
- Gutters will prevent water from draining over walkways, which can cause cement to deteriorate.
If you need gutter replacement, Callen Construction installs seamless gutter systems at a competitive price. We also perform custom gutter design and install Gutter Topper® gutter protection. If you would like to rid yourself of gutter maintenance, our Brookfield remodeling company offers Gutter Topper® gutter guard in a full array of colors, so you can coordinate with your roof and gutters. Don’t take chances with your home! Call Callen at (414) 765-2585 for a FREE gutter inspection and estimate.